PDO Thread Lift
The PDO Thread Lift, sometimes known as the ‘Lunchtime Face lift’, is a minimally invasive non-surgical face lift whereby fine surgical threads are used to lift the cheeks, jowls and neck. These surgical threads are made from polydioxanone (PDO), the same material used for surgical stitches, which is biocompatible and biodegradable. PDO threads slowly dissolve and are fully absorbed after 6-8 months leaving newly formed collagen bands in place.
The maximum effect of the PDO Thread Lift will be apparent 3-4 months after, and effects should last up to 2 years. With the use of local anaesthetic, the threads are injected into the skin using a fine needle. The threads are interlaced causing a tension and lifting of the skin, delivering an immediate lift and tightening of the skin. The threads stimulate the production of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid, thickening, smoothing and strengthening the skin from within and improving elasticity so it delivers a lifted and youthful appearance for up to 2 years.
Some PDO threads have tiny cogs attached to them which grip sagging tissues, enabling the lifting and tightening of cheeks, jowls and neck. Other threads are smooth and are used to provide tissue support and to generate collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid to re-plump and smooth the skin.
The procedure takes no longer than an hour usually and clients can return to normal activities immediately. Some clients may experience a small amount of swelling, bruising and sensitivity for several weeks after the procedure. Antibiotics are always supplied by the doctor on the day to prevent any potential skin infection.
The PDO Thread Lift is an extremely effective, low risk procedure, and had become increasingly popular and fashionable in the last few years due to its excellent results and minimal pain and downtime.
Benefits of the PDO Thread Lift:
- Non-surgical procedure
- Can return to normal activities immediately
- Minimal downtime (some swelling and bruising can occur however for some clients)
- Effects last up to 2 years
- Dual effect of lifting the face as well as improving actual skin condition and texture
- Additional threads can be inserted every few months to keep optimum results
PDO Thread Lift Effective for Treating:
- Sagging skin
- Jowls and jawline lifting
- Cheek enhancement
- Neck lifting and smoothing
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Eyelid and crow’s feet lifting and smoothing
- Active acne and acne scarring (promotes healthy collagen and elastin production to smooth skin)
- Eczema (new skin cells are regenerated which thicken the dermis and considerably help with skin conditions)
- Avoid heavy exercise for 48 hours after procedure.
- Avoid alcohol for 48 hours after procedure
- Avoid facials and facial massages for 4 weeks after procedure
- Avoid aspirin and anti-inflammatory medication
- Sleep on your back for several days until sensitivity resides
- Full PDO Thread Lift – £1600
- Additional threads – from £120